Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Brodie


If any one would have said to me that our dog would live 10 years I would have dismissed them and hoped she would have 7 good years in her.

We thought we lost her around Thanksgiving. She had two massive seizures in the course of about 4 hours. You end up doing everything you can to keep them alive and going and normal. If things aren't normal. The day to day. If things change just slightly, your world seems to start turning upside down.

Calls to the vet. A serious medication. Constant monitoring. Sleep depravation. More monitoring. More treats. Thoughts about what happens next. Thoughts about mortatily. With the dog. With your family. With anyone who is close.

With yourself.

It's amazing how you...
<No start over.> <Speak for yourself.>

It's amazing how I started to question what I'm doing with my life. Wonder about my job. Who I want to be when I grow up. Fears about not being anything- or doing anything. You know,  something substantial.

But, you put your own thoughts on hold, and focus on others. The dog. The wife. The family coming in for the holidays. The 'anybody out there who needs you'.

Then you realize that the right decisions are always the hard decisions. The ones that hurt a little bit.

January 30, 2013 approximately 9am MST.
It hurts. a lot.

coming soon...
10 Great Years

No comments:

Post a Comment